Friday 5 December 2014

Alana going deeper and deeper.......

I was always intrueged in  the life  underwater. I wanted to dive deeper than I ever had before and look into the eye of nature.

 We were not even though the doors of The Narima resort when Thomas and I spotted two people getting ready to scuba into the 2m deep pool. We were listning to what their instuctor was saying.In the back of my heart, I was begging dad to let me go and learn to scuba. Thomas was already shouting in dads face begging him to go and scuba. He even said he was going to give mum and dad all his pocket money to pay for his lesson. He was heartbroken when dad said he couldn't do it, because he was to young. Although I was old enough I still felt sorry for him. Face it - he is my brother.

 I was overwhelmed when dad let me do the two day course. 

The next  day we got try outs to see if we liked it or not. Thomas absolutaly loved it and hopefully he will be able to do the two day couse in a year. Even my mum had a wee go.!


The next day dad and I were up eaerly, bright like a daisy and ready for a day of studying and excercises in the pool. The first thing we did was to meet our instuctor- a lovely kind man Jon Martin. We went inside the office to start our day. Fisrt we watched a clip wich is about junoir suba divers and the safty of suba diving. The next video we watched was a training video and about your gear. After them, we done four written tests. After lunch we went to the pool to get started on the wet stuff.

We put our gear on and submerged under the water. I found it actually really easy to breath with the regulator (this is the name for the mouthpiece which leads the air to our lungs from the big tank on my back). The following were a few excersises we had to do under the water. We took our regulator out and blew bubbles and put it back into our mouths. We took our mask of and completly fludded it with water and then put it back on and cleared the water out. This is an intersting way of cleaning your mask under water. After your googles were filled up with water you need to  press your palms agianst the top of the glass lenses, blow from your nose and press the goggles to seal onto your face agian. As easy as pie. Then we went and watched a third video and done two more tests.

On Tuesday we finished some excerses that we didn't complete the day before. One of them nearly gave me a sleepless night. Jon talked me through the whole excersise again and then I was ready to go. For this  I had to take the regulator partly out of my mouth and then breath into the freeflowing air...still submerged. It is not to hard to do, but it is quite challenging to convince my brain that  I am not gona swollow big gulps of poolwater.... So when I had finished my excerses I was free to go. For the rest of the day I just played at the beach and looking for hermit crabs.

On Wednesday we took the big boat to Koh Haa (island five).
  
 Dive 1
I was the only child on the boat except for Arlo, a nine month old baby boy. My first dive was at the lagoon. We saw clown fishes and the smallest one was no bigger than a newborn baby's pinkie!!! So small. We saw lots of barracuda and two scorpianfish and I went down to at least 12m. It was so so so beautifull...... it was as if you were swimming in the sea and I was! 




Dive 2
My second dive was at The Cliff Jump Cove 
There we saw one scorpionfish, an angle fish ,a sea snake ( one of the most venomous snakes in the world) , a peacock mantis shrip the most powerfull animal in the world about 6inches long,( Why do you not see them in aquariums? Because they can break through glass!!) and a boxfish. It was absolutely amazing!!!!!!! 



Now I am a qualified scuba diver and I can't wait to dive agian soon!

That is the story of my dive.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

JISLAAIK ALANA JY IS SUPER. EK KAN DIT NIE GLO NIE MAAR DIE FOTOS IS DIE BEWYSE. EN JOU STORIE IS FABTASTIES. SEKER NIE ALLEEN GESKRYF NIE OF IS EK ALWEER DOM.GROETE OUPA VERLANG JOU

Shelley said...

I love snorkeling! My husband has scuba dived and wants me to try it someday too. Underwater is seems so amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alana it's Hannah(from Scotland)miss you I think what you did was amazing I would love to get your address so we can be pen pals.

Unknown said...

Hi Hannah, sent us an e-mail to thereon@googlemail.com......so we can get your e-mail address.