Monday 3 November 2014

California by Thomas (aged 9)

I mostly enjoyed the Hollywood Walk of Fame with trillions of famous people. 

But anyway, we started at Yosemite National Park, it was filled with Bears and Wolfs. Luckily we didn't see any though. We went swimming in a freezing cold river and we all dunked ourself in and we called it the Ice Bucket Challenge. The reason why we did that was because there was no showers. We had to lock our food in containers so the bears didn't get it.
Here are my mum and sisters and the food container box and our tent.
One night my mum saw bats and she was terrified. I think that one almost hit her.  On our way to San Fran, leaving Yosemity, we stoped at the Mariposa Grove to see the Giant Californian Redwoods - the biggest trees in the world. All of them were at least two thousnad years old.




After that we went to Kirby Cove, a campsite in San Fransisco. We called it Raccoon-land because there was 3 raccoons (a family- a mum, dad and baby). Alana was absolutely terrified and I always tease Alana by going mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm... Alana got two frights of her life by the Raccoons.To be honest, it had a brilliant view of the Golden Gate Bridge and 3 Raccoons.


After that we went to Los-Padres National Forest, right next to the Pacific Coast, halfway between San Fran and L.A. There was an awesome beach to play on, I always made running  tracks on the beach and 3 men started playing frisbee on it.  
Here I am starting to make my running track.


Here I am writing the names of the athletes and their starting positions down.
It was the only campsite with grass and also my favourite campsite out of all the U.S. 


After that we went to Los Angeles. The second day there, there was a well weakened hurricane that came by. It only lasted for about 15 minutes. It started when we were in the lobby, having breakfast.That morning we went on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and spent about half an hour in a Gap shop looking for undies for dad.  

Here my sister Alana is taking a nap outside the GAP shop, waiting on my dad!!


We love Billy Crystal in 'Parental Guidance' - we even have it on my dad's laptop with us!!


The next day we left to Hawaii (in a plane).

No comments: