Sunday 2 November 2014

Mekong River Dolphins by Alana (10 years old)

Combodia 
Open in the wild 
Mekong river dolphins
Boat ride to see them
Overnight stay 
Delicious food
I wish I could stay for a year
Always in my heart! 

We are staying  in Kratie for three nights to have enough time to see the Mekong river dolphins. 
When I got up this morning (at 20 to 7) I was so tired because I had woken up almost for 2 hours at night and I couldn't get to sleep.
 I was looking forward to seeing the Mekong river dolphins (wild ones). It actually took almost 2hours to get there. When we arrived I spotted the first dolphin before I even got on to the boat. Then we got on to the boat that took us to see dolphins.
 Our captain  was an old man  and he  was very good at steering our boat upstream. I might just need to tell you that the Mekong river is the twelfth longest river in the world. Where we were this morning, it was nearly half a mile wide.
 We drifted for almost an half an hour and we sighted lots of dolphins. 

When we were done there we got on to our tuk tuk  that took us to a turtle conservation center I was over the moon when Thomas mentioned it. We saw the frog- headed soft shell turtle that you can only find in here in Combodia  Mekong river. These turtle are also on the  endangered list.

This is one of the other turtles at the rescue center. I was allowed to feed it  with a tomato.
We stopped for lunch under a tinned roofed restarant.
 Then we got into our tuk tuk to go home to our guest house- again it took  2hours. When we arrived  we had a really cold shower to cool us off it literaly felt like 40C!

No comments: